Finding a Network Provider
Provider Finder for services on or after March 1, 2019
It’s easy to get started with Provider Finder by registering for Blue Access for Members (BAM):
- Go to bcbsil.com.
- Click the Log In tab, and then click the Register Now link.
- Use the information on your BCBSIL ID card to complete the process.
- Then, log in to BAM. Provider Finder is located under the Doctors & Hospitals tab.
You can also call a BCBSIL Benefits Value Advisor (BVA) Customer Service Representative at 855-686-8517 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST. You will need to identify yourself as an Egyptian Trust member and be prepared to provider your Identification Number and your Group Number.
You may also choose to search for providers as a GUEST if you don’t wish to register. Enter www.bcbsil.com in your computer browser. It is important that you not have Pop Ups blocked on your browser, or the search will not work.
- Scroll or arrow down the page and click on SEARCH NOW.
- Click on SEARCH AS GUEST on the right side of the page.
- Click on SEARCH IN-NETWORK PROVIDERS.
- Answer the following questions:
- HOW DO YOU GET INSURANCE? — Your Response: Through my employer or my spouse’s employer.
- ARE YOU A MEMBER OR ARE YOU SHOPPING FOR AN INSURANCE PLAN: – Your Response: I am a member.
- SELECT THE TYPE OF CARE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR: – Your Response: Medical
- Click on SELECT PLAN/NETWORK: Select Participating Provider Organization (PPO). It is the next to last option.
- You will now be able to define the search you are wanting to complete:
- By doctor, facility, or clinic name
- By zip code, city, or an address
- Click on FIND A DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL
- A listing of in network providers that meet your search criteria will be displayed on your screen.
It is suggested that you do a zip code search for all providers. If you search for a specific physician or facility, they will not show up as in network if you don’t spell the name correctly or if you don’t spell it the way it is entered into the BCBS system.